Do you want to part of a diverse planning team contributing to growing Greater Penrith as a Metropolitan Cluster within the Western Sydney Aerotropolis?
Serving a fast growing population expected to exceed over one million people by 2036, Penrith is 20 minutes by train from Parramatta and 11km from the future Western Sydney Airport.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated team player with relevant planning qualifications to take up the position of Executive Planner within the City Planning Department The position will contribute to significant strategic planning projects and planning proposals that will provide both amazing opportunities and challenges as we balance the growth, resilience and livability of our City.
You will be part of planning outcomes that will result from significant transformative projects such as Western Sydney Airport, Western Sydney Airport Priority Growth Area and major transport infrastructure in creating a Western City.
You will also assist in the formulation of new or revised planning strategies and policies, planning for new urban release areas, master planning, place-based planning projects and the preparation of new Local Plans and supporting planning controls. A significant part of your planning work will involve working with and responding to our community, staff from within the organisation as well as state and federal agencies, businesses and interest groups.
This position will work closely with the City Planning Coordinator and City Planning Manager.
It is an exciting future for Penrith and we want you to be part of it.
Two permanent full-time opportunities are available to commence immediately.
- Tertiary qualification in urban / town planning or a related discipline
- Demonstrated extensive experience in the formulation and implementation of strategic and land- use planning policy
- Proven experience in effectively leading multi-disciplinary project teams responsible for examining complex and diverse planning issues
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience stakeholder and community engagement
- Strong analytical, project management and organisational skills, with a demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage competing tasks, meet deadlines and achieve targets
- Current Class C drivers licence
- Previous experience in a local government environment
- Post graduate qualifications in urban planning / town planning or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in projects requiring a high level of urban design outcomes
This is an opportunity unlike any other – the chance for you to make your mark on an emerging City of the 21st century.
The position is located in the Penrith Civic Centre, adjacent to a major shopping centre and close to the railway station.
We offer our staff highly competitive benefits such as flexible working conditions, access to Council’s paid maternity leave, 15 days sick leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, diverse salary packaging options and internal training and networking opportunities, including education and study assistance.
A competitive remuneration package inclusive of a leaseback vehicle will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before 11.55pm on the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria.
Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Natasha Borgia on 4732 8593.
To view the position description and submit your application please visit www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.