Senior Executive Assistant
Job no: 492614
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Administration & Office Support
Salary: $75,600 + 9.5% Super
Are you highly organised, with great administrative and people skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks at once in a professional and confidential manner, and looking for a diverse and challenging role in a busy local government environment?
Penrith City Council is offering a varied, engaging and challenging permanent full-time Senior Executive Assistant role in the Executive Services team. The position is part of a small team and the suitable applicant will share knowledge and learnings with colleagues and provide support and training where necessary, to ensure the efficient and effective running of the Executive Services team.
The position works with Senior Executives, Councillors and Managers across Council and is responsible for:
- Providing high level, confidential administrative and secretarial support to the Mayor and General Manager, and other Executives as required
- Investigating matters requiring response or action, which relate to, or stem from, Executive meetings and correspondence
- Researching and collating necessary briefing materials, notes, letters, reports and agendas required for meetings, seminars and conferences
- Scheduling meetings, appointments and conferences including arranging associated travel and accommodation requirements.
- Experience providing effective and efficient executive support to Senior Executives
- Experience working within a government agency or political environment
- Demonstrated ability to confidentially and professionally manage and work with highly sensitive material and information
- Excellent customer service skills and a demonstrated solutions focus
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act with a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and anticipate potential problems/issues
- A tertiary qualification in business administration or other relevant field
- Experience using a range of Council's software applications including MS Office, recordkeeping and finance systems
The position is located in the Penrith Civic Centre, adjacent to a major shopping centre and close to the railway station. We offer our staff highly competitive benefits such as flexible working conditions, access to Councils paid maternity leave, 15 days,sick leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, diverse salary packaging options and internal training and networking opportunities, including education and study assistance.
Commencing Salary: $75,600 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation
To view the position description and submit your application, please visit www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before 11.55pm on the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position, please contact Alice Meehan on 4732 7777.
Please allow 6 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend