Job no: 492648
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Regulatory Compliance
Salary: $75,609.04 per annum commencing, plus 9.5% super
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
Environmental Health and Compliance plays a vital role in protecting the health, environment and safety of our growing city. Our team of dedicated professionals are responsible for environmental protection and public health programs, development compliance, regulatory and animal services.
We are seeking a suitably qualified person to fill this Senior Ranger position within the Environmental Health and Compliance section. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing assistance to Rangers in the undertaking of daily operations, administration of the newly implemented Integrated Parking Management System, supervising parking enforcement operations, and assisting the Coordinator in implementing the Ranger & Animal Services programs.
- Certificate IV in Local Government (Governance and Administration) or other relevant tertiary qualification
- High level understanding of the Australian Road Rules 2008, Roads Regulations 2008, Local Government Act 1993, Companion Animals Act 1998, and Impounding Act 1993
- Extensive experience in statutory investigation and enforcement
- Sound experience with the Self Enforcing Infringement Notice Scheme (SEINS) administered by Revenue NSW
- Extensive Legal/court experience as it relates to compliance functions, including the preparation and presentation of evidence for Court proceedings
- Proven ability to monitor the progress and completion of investigations and tasks, and evaluate on performance
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver high level customer service outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to operate computer systems and database systems
- Sound organisational and time management skills
- Highly developed communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Current New South Wales Driver’s Licence
- Experience in Local Government Law Enforcement
- Experience in procedure and policy development
Commencing Salary: $78,800 - $91,200 per annum, inclusive of 1 July award increase, plus 9.5% superannuation.
This position includes a leaseback vehicle, however is not a condition of employment.
To view the position description and submit your application, please use the link below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria.
Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position, please contact Andrew Pierce, Coordinator – Ranger and Animal Services on 4732 7488.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend