Companion Animals Officer
Job no: 492651
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Animal Services
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
Environmental Health and Compliance plays a vital role in protecting the health, environment and safety of our growing city. Our team of dedicated professionals are responsible for environmental protection and public health programs, development compliance, regulatory and animal services.
Are you a highly motivated and experienced Companion Animals Officer looking for an opportunity to take the next step in a challenging and dynamic position?
As a Companion Animals Officer you will be responsible for undertaking a variety of Companion Animal related tasks including:
- Implementation of education and information programs to support the Companions Animals Act
- Seizing/handling Companion Animals (including dangerous and restricted dogs),
- Investigating dog attacks, barking dogs and other nuisance complaints,
- Proactive and reactive patrols/inspections of roads, footpaths, parks and other public areas
- Certificate in Animal Management, Certificate IV in Regulatory Services/Investigations or other relevant tertiary qualification
- Demonstrated practical experience in companion animal handling
- Demonstrated understanding of dog behaviour
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Companion Animals Act 1998
- Demonstrated skills and experience in investigations including conducting interviews and preparing briefs of evidence at court
- High level written and verbal communication skills across a range of audiences
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work as a team member and able to manage and prioritise workloads.
- Current New South Wales Driver’s Licence
- Current New South Wales Firearms Awareness Certificate or Licence, or the commitment and ability to obtain the qualification
- Current First Aid Certificate
Commencing Salary: $66,800 - $77,300 per annum, inclusive of 1 July award increase, plus 9.5% superannuation.
This position includes a leaseback vehicle, however is not a condition of employment.
To view the position description and submit your application, please use the link below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria.
Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position, please contact Andrew Pierce, Coordinator – Ranger and Animal Services on 4732 7488.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend