Ranger - Parking
Job no: 492719
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Regulatory Compliance
Salary: $59,200.00 to $68,526.00 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation
About the organisation
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
About the team
Environmental Health and Compliance plays a vital role in protecting the health, environment and safety of our growing city. Our team of dedicated professionals are responsible for environmental protection and public health programs, development compliance, regulatory and animal services.
About the role
We are looking for a mature minded, highly-motivated person to join the Ranger and Animal Services team and deliver an effective and professional law enforcement service within the Penrith City Local Government Area.
In this role you will:
- Undertake proactive patrolling providing a timely and accurate response
- Be responsible for the regulation of public areas through enforcement
- Conduct enforcement of Traffic and Parking legislation
- Respond to requests and complaints from the community
- Provide education to members of the public in relation to traffic and parking issues
- Prepare and present briefs of evidence and represent Council in the Local Court
Parking Rangers are required to work 38 hours per week under covering a spread of hours from 6:00am to 10:00pm with a rostered day off once a fortnight. Parking Rangers may be required to work additional overtime of one weekend day every four weeks.
- Completed or have the willingness and ability to complete the Self Enforcement Infringement Notice System (SEINS)
- A current National Police Certificate (Criminal History check)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Australian Road Rules
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Road Transport (General) Regulation 2013
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Road Transport Act 2013
- Knowledge of the Local Government Act and Regulations
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution/negotiation skills
- The ability to work as part of a small team
- A knowledge and application of computer skills
- An ability to write concise and comprehensive reports and prosecution briefs
- Knowledge of the Protection of the Environment Operations Act and Regulations
- Experience in enforcing legislation and giving evidence in court proceedings
- Time management skills
- Experience with issuing electronic infringement notices
- A current Class C Driver Licence
Commencing Salary: $59,200.00 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation
To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Andrew Pierce on 4732 7488.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend