Senior Contributions Planner
Job no: 492723
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Salary: $91,000 - $105,335 + Super
Do you want to part of a diverse planning team contributing to growing Greater Penrith as a Metropolitan Cluster within the Western Sydney Aerotropolis? Penrith is located at the point where Sydney’s east west connection, Australia’s most significant economic corridor, crosses the north south growth belt. Penrith is the heart of this Growth City which we call the ‘New West’.
We serve a fast growing population expected to exceed 260,000 (and an economic catchment of more than one million) by 2031. We sit at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, only 11km from the future Western Sydney Airport.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated team player with relevant qualifications to take up the position of Senior Contributions Planner within the City Planning Department. The position of Senior Contributions Planner will coordinate the planning, design and delivery of infrastructure projects identified in Development Contributions Plans and Voluntary Planning Agreements. The position will contribute to a broad range of planning projects that will provide both amazing opportunities and challenges as we balance the growth, resilience and livability of our City. You will be part of the infrastructure planning that will result from significant transformative projects such as Western Sydney Airport, Western Sydney Airport Priority Growth Area and major transport infrastructure in creating a Western City.
You will assist in the formulation of new development contributions plans, negotiating voluntary planning agreements, including ongoing monitoring and review of contributions for Penrith as we continue to grow and meet the needs of our existing and future communities.
It is an exciting future for Penrith and we want you to be part of it.
- Tertiary qualification in town planning, economics, engineering or other related discipline
- Demonstrated understanding of working with development contributions plans, voluntary planning agreements and works-in-kind agreements
- Understanding of new release area planning and infrastructure provisions
- Proven ability to establish, coordinate and/or operate with multi-disciplinary teams
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, project management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- A Current Class C Driver Licence
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in the implementation of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulations
- Experience in finance and accounting practices, infrastructure planning and engineering issues
A competitive salary ranging from $91,000 - $105,335 + Super will be negotiated commensurate with the skills, qualifications and experience of the preferred applicant.
A Leaseback Vehicle is available with this position, however it is not a condition of employment.
Penrith City Council offer's competitive employee benefits such as Fitness Passport, 15 days sick leave per year, excellent Parental Leave provisions including 14 weeks paid parental leave and an active social club.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria.
Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Natalie Stanowski on 4732 7403.
To view the position description and submit your application please apply online using the link below.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend