Business Support Officer - Children's Services
Job no: 492724
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Administration & Office Support
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
Are you super organised, with great administrative and people skills, looking for a diverse and challenging role in a busy local government environment?
We are looking for someone to provide a high level of efficient and accurate secretarial, administrative and organisational support to the Operations Manager Children’s Services – and across the department including the Children’s Services Coordination unit.
In addition, this varied role also includes organising, prioritising and managing the administration functions for the Children’s Services Cooperative which includes board meetings and board operations. Children’s Services works closely with a wide range of stakeholders including other Council departments and government agencies, local businesses and Council’s valued customers.
- A Tertiary Qualification in Secretarial / Office Administration / Business Management or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in office administration and personal assistance, and in maintaining confidentiality
- Outstanding organisational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality customer service outcomes
- Proven strong Microsoft Office skills (in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Internet and email)
- Knowledge of the functions of Local Government and/or previous experience in Local Government
- Knowledge of the functions of Children’s Services
The position is located in the Penrith Civic Centre, adjacent to a major shopping centre and close to the railway station.
Commencing Salary: $70,840.00 per annum, plus superannuation. Salary progression is available through Council’s Salary Administration System.
To view the position description and submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria.
Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position, please contact Jade Bradbury on 4732 7849
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend