Community Facilities and Recreation Officer
Job no: 492731
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Facilities Management
Salary: From $70,800 per annum plus super
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
At Penrith City Council, we take great pride in the fact that there are approximately 2.5 million annual visitations annually to the City’s sportsgrounds, recreation and community facilities, with many more people using our parks and reserves. In a City which is growing fast, 3 million annual visitations are just around the corner.
As a Community Facilities and Recreation Officer you will play an active role in facilitating use of our community, sport and recreation facilities, as well as our parks and reserves. You will be required to balance customer service and booking allocations in the office with engagement and facility inspections out in the field. You will need strong organisation skills, a proven ability to communicate positively and professionally with internal and external customers, and an innovative approach to achieving positive outcomes for the community.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as community, recreation, sport, business administration, and/or relevant and practical experience in the community, sport, recreation, or leisure facilities industry.
- Proven knowledge of, and practical experience in, community, sports, recreation parks and reserves facility use and operations.
- Substantial experience in working with community volunteer organisations and sports clubs to support their development and management.
- Highly developed customer service skills and experience managing public enquiries.
- Proven ability to negotiate, problem solve and interact on complex issues.
- High level competencies in verbal and written communication.
- Excellent knowledge of software applications, experience in maintaining databases and using ICT platforms.
- Ability to be innovative and seek effective solutions.
- Experience conducting community meetings and consultation.
- Capacity to work in a multi-project and multi-function environment.
Commencing Salary: From $70,800 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation.
To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Judy Cobb on 4732 7641.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend