Administration Support Officer
Job no: 492739
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Administration & Office Support
Salary: from $59,200 p.a.
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
Asset Management is responsible for the centralised planning of Council’s Civil and Parks Asset Management programs, City Safety and Security functions, and oversees the majority of Council’s assets including buildings, active and passive open space areas (including sporting fields, playgrounds, parks), roads, bridges, footpaths and drainage.
Reporting to the Administration Support Team Supervisor this position will be required to provide high level business support functions and focus on the application of business excellence principles and processes. Responsibilities include supporting Asset Management staff and efficient and effective administrative support and respond professionally to both internal and external stakeholders whilst maintaining efficient workflow between Civic Centre, Depot staff and the community.
- Tertiary qualification in Business Administration or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in office administration environment.
- High level verbal and solid written communication skills.
- Outstanding organisational skills, demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and ability to work without supervision.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office Skills (in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet).
- Experience in Local Government
- Knowledge of Asset Management Functions
- Experience providing support relating to Department finances (eg: purchasing, petty cash, credit card authorisation).
From $59,200 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
To submit your application, please apply online using the link below. Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria.
Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Joanne Robertson on 4732 7552.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend