Librarian / Senior Library Technician - Research
Job no: 492741
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Library Services
Salary: $66,825.00 to $77,352.00 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation
About the organisation
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
About the team
The Penrith Library Service provides informational, educational and recreational, resources and services for residents and visitors through three branch libraries, a Home Library service, a Toy Library and On-line services. The library has a staff team of 60 and last year loaned out 600,000+ items. Resident surveys consistently show Penrith City Council libraries to be one of the City’s most popular services.
About the role
You will contribute to the achievement of Library goals and objectives by providing a professional and efficient service to the public and staff. To undertake research using archival and historical resources and to assist in the management of the Library’s large local historical collections. To demonstrate proficiency using digital resources and technologies. To participate in outreach programs, events and displays. This role includes regular shifts on the Library’s service points, especially the Research Room, and includes occasional evening and weekend shifts.
- Relevant Degree qualification with eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association [or] Diploma of Library / Information Services [TAFE], or equivalents
- Knowledge and experience of automated library software packages, MS Office software, microform equipment and other automated and electronic data storage, indexing and retrieval systems.
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyse information
- Demonstrated organisational skills for prioritising and completing requested research.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills and experience
- Demonstrated effective communication skills to assist a broad range of age groups and skill levels with information and technology assistance enquiries.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and conduct information programs for the community
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Previous experience working in a history related field
To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Lorraine Stacker on 4732 4732 7886.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend