About the organisation
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
About the team
Environmental Health and Compliance plays a vital role in protecting the health, environment and safety of our growing city. Our team of dedicated professionals are responsible for environmental protection and public health programs, development compliance, regulatory and animal services.
About the role
Penrith City Council has a strong commitment to biodiversity conservation and protection. In this fast growing area you will enjoy the challenges and benefits of working in an environment that includes features such as the Hawkesbury Nepean River, Penrith Lakes, Cumberland Plain Vegetation and a diverse range of industrial, commercial and rural land uses.
We are looking for a motivated specialist professional who has suitable experience in the field of biodiversity and natural resource management to join our Environmental Health team.
In this role, you will be involved in tasks such as development and project assessment, the provision of specialist advice, research, policy development and facilitating the delivery of natural resource management projects and programs.
This position is available for 14 hours per week, with flexibility for days worked available to the preferred applicant.
- A tertiary qualification in Natural Resource Management, Ecology, Environmental Management, Environmental Science or in a related field
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment of natural resource management issues in particular biodiversity and ecological systems
- Demonstrated experience in natural resource management projects including biodiversity conservation projects
- Experience in the development and implementation of policy
- Ability to develop partnerships, facilitate project teams and implement other capacity building initiatives
- Highly developed time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including report writing, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Experience and the ability to work in a team environment
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Experience in community engagement
- Experience in education and awareness programs
The position is located in the Penrith Civic Centre, adjacent to a major shopping centre and close to the railway station.
Commencing Salary: $50.00 – $57.87 per hour commensurate with the skills, qualifications and experience of the preferred applicant, plus 9.5% superannuation.
To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Paul Reynolds on 4732 8313.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.