Job no: 492778
Work type: Casual
Categories: Aquatics and Leisure, Sport & Recreation
Salary: $26.26 per hour plus casual loading
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
Ripples provides a number of facilities including a gym, pools, and a hydrotherapy and rehabilitation centre to the residents of the Penrith Local Government Area. We are proud of our highly performing team who have won a number of recent state and national Austswim and Swim Australia awards.
The Kiosk Attendant is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the Ripples Café and Retail locations. You will work closely with the Kiosk Operator to ensure that all members and visitors receive a positive service experience.
The primary responsibility of our Kiosk Attendants is to deliver first class service to our patrons ensuring the kiosk operates effectively and efficiently within Heath Department Regulations, to meet the requirements of the centre’s food safety plan, taking orders and handling cash
- Demonstrated cashier and barista service experience within a fast-paced work environment
- Current First Aid Certificate (including Provide First Aid, Provide Basic Emergency Life Support and Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- A valid NSW Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated cash handling experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to promote services to members
- Demonstrated high levels of personal organisation and composure under pressure
- Outstanding service skills and personal service ethic
- Demonstrated knowledge of the leisure/recreation industry
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate values of Penrith City Council
- Food Handling Certificate
- Barista Experience
- Previous work experience in the leisure/recreation industry or similar role
This position has been identified as a Child-Related position under Child Protection laws in NSW. To be eligible to apply, you are required to provide Council with a valid Working with Children Check Number.
You may also be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position you have applied for.
Commencing Salary: $26.26 per hour (plus 25% casual loading where applicable)
To view the position description and submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date.
Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Sarah Coleman, Recruitment Specialist on 4732 7813.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend