About the organisation
At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and a finalist in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
About the Department
In Financial Services we are responsible for the effective and efficient management of Council financial functions, including corporate and financial accounting, rates and purchasing & supply.
We are fit for the future and our hard working team of finance professionals are building on our strong financial sustainability and facilitating the delivery of our Community’s and Council’s vision for our City.
About the Role
As the Stores Lead you would be responsible for coordinating a small team in the day to day running of the Penrith City Council’s depot warehouse.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring highest possible service levels are achieved
- Leading the team to ensure all stores processes are efficiently run
- Managing the inventory and stock levels of all consumable items
- Purchasing for stock replenishment
- Supporting our outdoor teams to ensure the most appropriate stock is on range
- Creating plans to deal with obsolescence stock and slow-moving items
- Record keeping of small asset items and rotatable stock items
- Liaise with key suppliers on all key contracts
- Ensure WHS policies and procedures are practiced
The Store plays a pivotal role in supporting our outdoor and workshop staff. We are looking for a dynamic team orientated person who is customer service focused and has a drive for continuous improvement. They must be ready to lead by example and doing what is required to achieve a high standard of service to our internal customers.
- Completed a tertiary qualification in Logistics, Purchasing, or related field (i.e. Certificate, Diploma, Degree) or possess relevant industry experience.
- Experience in purchasing and procurement in a medium to large organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and financial management systems, such as SAP or Finance1
- Sound problem solving and negotiation skills
- Strong warehouse/inventory management skills
- Forklift licence
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Local Government experience
- First Aid Certificate
Commencing Salary: $80,034.00 - $92,642.00 per annum, plus 9.5% Superannuation
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description, find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council and submit your application.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (Essential and Desirable criteria listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Lana Axford, Supply Coordinator, on 4732 7562.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.