Senior Development Manager
Job no: 492783
Work type: Temporary Full Time
Categories: Property Development
Salary: $109,980 + Super
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
The Senior Development Manager is a key role within the Property Development team, delivering development projects that align to superior, sustainable place making outcomes.
Your collaborative and innovative approach to the delivery of urban transformation projects will see you work with key stakeholders and be responsible for the management and oversight of complex development projects achieving value for money, target financial returns and delivering key Council priorities.
The position will provide you with a great opportunity to join a talented and motivated team with opportunities to develop and progress your career. Our organisation offers attractive remuneration package including salary packaging options, education and study assistance and flexible working arrangements.
We currently have a three-year temporary position and one-year temporary position.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading a number of projects through the full development project lifecycle, including acquisition, planning, development, financial control, risk management, marketing and sales.
- Formulation of complex master plans, strategies and programs to ensure alignment to government and organisational direction.
- Implementation and management of current Council priority projects and key targets.
- Financial performance of projects to meet investment targets including preparation of budgets, financial reports and cash flow forecasting.
- Working collaboratively across multiple Government agencies, engagement with public and private sector, industry groups and community stakeholders for positive development outcomes and promote Penrith as a place of choice.
- Extensive experience and a tertiary qualification in project management, development management, property economics, planning or related field
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex land and property development projects including: investigating land development opportunities, planning processes, financial management and budgets, project delivery, specialist contract management and stakeholder and community engagement
- A class C drivers licence
- Postgraduate qualification and evidence of ongoing professional development
- Experience in the delivery of property development projects in a government environment
This is an opportunity unlike any other and the chance for you to make your mark on an emerging City of the 21st century.
Commencing Salary: $109,980 - $120,099 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation. Further salary progression is also available within Council’s Salary Administration System.
The position is located in the Penrith Civic Centre, adjacent to a major shopping centre and close to the railway station.
To submit your application, please apply online using the link below. Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before 11.55pm on the closing date.
In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria that include detailed examples of projects undertaken. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Nathan Ritchie, Property Development Manager on 0429 992 007.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend