2020 Business Administration Traineeships
Job no: 492788
Work type: Temporary Full Time
Categories: Administration & Office Support, Traineeships
Salary: $740.80 per week
Are you currently completing or have recently completed the HSC, or are interested in kick starting a career in Business Administration?
Penrith City Council is looking to employ committed, enthusiastic and passionate individuals to undertake a 12-month traineeship in Business Administration. Your positive attitude, willingness to learn and strong customer focus will ensure you are successful in securing one of these exciting opportunities
As a Business Administration Trainee you will complete a Certificate III in Business Administration over a 1 Year Duration, whilst gaining valuable information and industry experience in a supportive environment.
Business Administration Trainees undertake a range of functions to make sure the administration activities within our organisation run smoothly and effectively. We offer a number of business administration traineeship positions in the following areas:
- Asset Management
- Children's Services Administration
- City Futures
- City Presentation
- Community Facilities and Recreation
- Design and Projects
- Development Services
- Environmental Health and Compliance
- Financial Services
- Information Communication Technology Administration
- Information Management
- Library Services
- People and Culture
- Interest in business administration
- Able to commit to study and work at the same time
- Willingness to take on tasks as directed by supervisors
- Capacity to be pro-active and show initiative in the workplace
- Able to communicate well both written and verbally
- Basic computer and clerical skills e.g. knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Driver’s licence is required for some Departments and a provisional licence is satisfactory
To apply you must:
- Not hold a Certificate III or IV in any field completed in the last 7 years, and/or Diploma qualification and above in any field of any date
- Have the ability to work in Australia (if applicable, please provide visa information on application)
- If you are currently at school, upload a copy of your half yearly report as part of your application or;
- If you are out of school, upload a written employment reference which relates to your suitability for this traineeship
Commencing Salary: $740.80 per week
Penrith City Council encourages applications from persons who identify with a disability or identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Traineeships will be offered to people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background – exemption granted under section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
If you would like to find out more about our Traineeship Program we are holding Information Sessions on:
- Friday 4 October 2019, 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- Thursday 24 October 2019, 6:00pm - 7:30pm
All sessions will be held at the Nepean Room, Penrith Civic Centre, 601 High St Penrith. Please call Peta Weiss to RSVP to an information session on 02 4732 7758.
If you are successful through to the next stage of the recruitment process you will need to be available for an Assessment Centre on Tuesday, 19 November 2019.
Traineeships commence on Monday, 13 January 2020.
To view the position description and submit your application, use the link below.
For further information about the position please contact Peta Weiss on 4732 7758.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend