Divisional Assurance Support Officer
Job no: 492843
Work type: Permanent Full Time, Temporary Full Time
Categories: Administration & Office Support, Asset Management, Environmental Health, Regulatory Compliance, Work Health & Safety
Salary: Commencing salary: $70,840 p.a., plus 9.5% Super
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
Penrith City Council's Divisional Assurance team provides environmental, health and safety advice and services to assist each department within the City Services division to comply with their legislative obligations. To support our team in delivering our programs and activities, we are currently seeking:
- 1 x Permanent full-time Divisional Assurance Support Officer; and
- 1 x Temporary full-time Divisional Assurance Support Officer for a period up to two (2) years.
In these roles, you will provide assistance to the Divisional Assurance Coordinator and Asbestos Management Officer in managing aspects of the Divisional Assurance Compliance Programs, Asbestos Register and Asbestos Management Plan. You will have the opportunity to work with Council's internal and external stakeholders to implement systems and procedures that achieve and improve compliance within the City Services division.
The successful candidates will be diligent, attentive to details and excellent team players; possess solid communication and customer service skills; and demonstrate effective conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
In your application, you will be required to address the following selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Administration, Project Management, Environmental Health, Compliance or experience in a related field
- Working knowledge of asbestos management
- Demonstrated high-level communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- A current Class C Driver Licence
- Experience using Asset Management Systems
- Experience in managing projects
Commencing salary: $70,840 per annum, plus 9.5% Superannuation
To view the position description and submit your application, please use the link/s below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position, please contact Adrian Estreich, Divisional Assurance Coordinator, on 4732 8014.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend