Digital and Graphic Designer
Job no: 492846
Work type: Temporary Full Time
Categories: Marketing & Communications
Salary: $78,850 per annum plus 9.5% Superannuation
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
Penrith is a City on the cusp of major transformation, we’ve got exciting projects and programs unfolding across the region. We’re looking for the best and brightest to join Council’s Communications Team to contribute to this region shaping work through impactful design and digital content creation.
Help us take our messages to the next level through the development of a cutting- edge visual expression that reflects and respects our corporate brand guidelines.
We’re looking for an experienced Digital and Graphic Designer to implement next level designs and digital outputs that will drive greater engagement, understanding and information sharing with our local residents, Council staff and other key stakeholder groups.
In this role you will be responsible for the Digital and Graphic Design visual expression of our brand through online and printed communications originating from all parts of Council.
We currently have an opportunity available for a temporary full-time Digital and Graphic Designer for a period up to 30 June 2020, commencing immediately.
If you’re a dynamic, motivated and creative Digital and Graphic Designer we encourage you to apply.
- Tertiary qualifications in digital and graphic design or equivalent
- Solid industry experience and an excellent knowledge of design software packages, especially the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience designing for websites and other digital channels
- Demonstrated ability to project manage the creative design process from brief to completion to meet project and business objectives including liaising with third party stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and manage a multitude of print and graphic design works within strict brand guidelines and deadlines
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience designing documents to meet WCAG 2.0 accessibility requirements
- Knowledge of the functions of Local Government and/or previous experience in Local Government
- Video production and creation for social channels – Premiere Pro and After Effects preferred.
Commencing Salary: $78,850 per annum plus 9.5% Superannuation
To view the position description and submit your application, please visit www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria.
Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position, please contact Robyn Fox on 4732 7596.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend