Early Childhood Teacher
Job no: 492859
Work type: Casual, Contract, Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time, Temporary Full Time, Temporary Part Time
Categories: Children’s Services
Salary: $66,825 to $77,352
About the team
Penrith City Council is the largest local government child care service provider in NSW, with more than child care facilities annually catering for 4000 children. Committed to providing Children's Services programs for the benefit of families and children across the City, we offer a variety of child care services including Long Day Care, Vacation and Out of School Hours Care, Preschools and a Mobile Playvan and are at the leading edge of implementing curriculum for the intellectual, social and physical development of the children within our care.
About the role
We have exciting Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time, Temporary Full Time, Part Time and Casual opportunities for Early Childhood Teachers to join one of our not for profit Child Care Services that either exceed or meet national quality education standards.
Your previous centre based experience would put you in good stead to implement the curriculum for children ranging from 0 to 12 years. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and work well in a diverse team environment.
You will, over time, have the opportunity to work across various services including Preschool, Long Day Care and Out of School Hours Services.
To be successful in this role, you must be 18 years or over and have completed a Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood) or equivalent.
We offer our staff highly competitive benefits such as flexible working conditions, access to Council’s paid maternity leave, 15 days sick leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, diverse salary packaging options and internal training and networking opportunities, including education and study assistance, plus further support through our recognition programs.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to pursue your passion and make your mark in Penrith.
The criteria to be addressed in your application is below:
- Completion of a Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood) or other equivalent qualification, which is approved for this position
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of The National Quality Standards including contemporary curriculum frameworks
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of The Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations
- Willingness to lead the development and implementation of educational programs and undertake the role of a Certified Supervisor and/or Nominated Supervisor
- Please advise if you prefer Full Time, Part Time or Casual Opportunities
- Current First Aid and Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate
- Experience working with children aged 0 to 12 years in a children's centre
- Child Protection Certificate (Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk)
Commencing Salary: From $36.71 per hour or $66,825.00 per annum plus 9.5% Superannuation
This position has been identified as a Child-Related position under Child Protection laws in NSW. To be eligible to apply, you are required to provide Council with a valid Working with Children Check Number.
To submit your application, please apply online using the link below. Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered. For further information about the position please contact Children Services Human Resources on 4732 7777.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend