Group Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer - Campaign
Job no: 492893
Work type: Casual
Categories: Aquatics and Leisure, Sport & Recreation
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
Ripples provides a number of facilities including a gym, pools, and a hydrotherapy and rehabilitation centre to the residents of the Penrith Local Government Area. We are proud of our highly performing team who have won a number of recent state and national Austswim and Swim Australia awards.
As a Group Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer, you will be responsible for the delivery of a range of group fitness or personal training to a wide variety of customers, the development and delivery of fitness programs and other duties as required.
Ripples are seeking applications from applicants interested in casual opportunities through this campaign.
- Group Fitness or Personal Training qualification
- Current Fitness Australia Registration and Insurance
- Current First Aid Certificate (including Provide First Aid, Provide Basic Emergency Life Support and Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- A valid NSW Working with Children Check
- Minimum six (6) months experience in a similar role or equivalent in education
- Demonstrated experience with Group or Personal Training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to promote services to members
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate values of Penrith City Council
- Current Certificate III and IV in Fitness
This position has been identified as a Child-Related position under Child Protection laws in NSW. To be eligible to apply, you are required to provide Council with a valid Working with Children Check Number.
You may also be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position you have applied for.
Commencing Salary: $26.26 - $30.40 per hour, plus casual loading and $25 per hour instructor allowance where applicable
To view the position description and submit your application, please use the link below.
Intending applications are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date.
Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact please contact Peta Basso or Peta Weiss on 4732 7777.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend