Resource Recovery Education Officer
Job no: 492912
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Waste Services
Salary: from $78,850 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
Penrith is a recognised leader in sustainable waste management and we are committed to actively supporting our community to reduce waste sent to landfill through reducing, reusing, recycling and generally disposing of waste responsibly.
As part of the Waste and Resource Recovery team you will work with a team of dedicated, innovative and award winning professionals who provide waste and recycling services, waste planning and promote waste avoidance and resource recovery within our City
Do you feel strongly about the environment, waste avoidance and resource recovery issues?
Would you like to be part of a team who develop education and promotional programs and processes to help change and maintain behaviours for the benefit of our environment?
Would you like to help the Penrith community continue to be a leader in best practice domestic waste resource recovery practices?
We are currently seeking a Resource Recovery Education Officer to:
- Assist in the development and implementation of education and promotional programs relating to waste avoidance and resource recovery issues for schools, community groups and residents
- Assist with the implementation of relevant education actions identified in Council’s and the NSW Government’s waste and resource recovery strategies and plans.
- Coordinate external consultants for the delivery of waste and resource recovery programs
- Conduct service monitoring programs and kerbside bin audits in conjunction with contractors
- Develop and construct static education displays and develop other education and promotional resources
- Assist with customer service enquiries
- Liaise closely with Councils waste collection and waste processing contractors to ensure a quality service is provided to the community
- Develop and implement electronic waste drop off events and chemical clean out events
- Prepare reports and statistical data
- A tertiary qualification in Environmental Science, Education or related field
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in the environmental, education, training or related industry
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Experience in the preparation and production of education material
- Experience working in a team
- A current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Experience in the management of environmental or waste avoidance and resource recovery projects
- Knowledge and interest in environmental legislation and issues
Commencing Salary: $78,800 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation.
A leaseback vehicle is available with this position but is not a condition of employment.
To view the position description and submit your application, please click on the link below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before 11.55pm on the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria.
Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position, please contact Aisha Poole on 4732 7987.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend