About the organisation
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
About the team
Ripples provides contemporary, well maintained facilities including a gym, pools, and a hydrotherapy and rehabilitation centre to the residents of the Penrith Local Government Area. We are proud of our highly performing team who have won a number of recent state and national Austswim and Swim Australia awards.
About the role
The Coordinator – Fitness Programs will manage Ripple’s Fitness programs to achieve high levels of member retention and engagement, develop high calibre staff through training and development and contribute financially profitable outcomes for Ripples through innovative Fitness Services.
The Coordinator - Fitness Programs ensures the growth of a best practice Fitness program through the delivery of excellent customer service and superior services quality.
A key function of this role is to represent Ripples to develop key partnerships in the establishment and management of pathways and fostering on-going relationships with identified stakeholders.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Fitness management with considerable experience in staff training and leadership, business development and financial management
- Current First Aid Certificate (including Provide First Aid, Provide Basic Emergency Life Support and Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- Valid NSW Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated capacity to grow Fitness programs such as Personal Training, Group Fitness, Small Group Training and programs
- Demonstrated experience managing a large Fitness Service in a multi-use facility
- Demonstrated success in the management of a large group fitness program
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal including the ability to present to individuals and groups
- Demonstrated advanced complaints handling experience
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate values of Penrith City Council
- Certificate IV Fitness or equivalent;
- Commitment to quality and customer service excellence;
- An entrepreneurial attitude to Fitness, other recreational activities both passive and active in nature;
- Experience in using LINKS operating systems.
We offer our staff highly competitive benefits such as flexible working conditions, access to Council’s paid maternity leave, 15 days sick leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, diverse salary packaging options and internal training and networking opportunities, including education and study assistance.
This position has been identified as a Child-Related position under Child Protection laws in NSW. To be eligible to apply, you are required to provide Council with a valid Working with Children Check Number.
You may also be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position you have applied for.
Commencing Salary: $78,850.00 to $91,272.00 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation
To view the position description and to submit your application, please visit www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date.
In addition applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Monique Meehan, Manager Community Programs on 4732 7777.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date to process your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.