Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
Ripples provides contemporary, well maintained facilities including a gym, pools, and a hydrotherapy and rehabilitation centre to the residents of the Penrith Local Government Area. We are proud of our highly performing team who have won a number of recent state and national Austswim and Swim Australia awards.
The Duty Manager is responsible for ensuring the safety and positive engagement of our users by providing high levels of customer service to Ripples patrons.
Your role oversees the safe daily operations of the Centre and management of our members and guests within the Venues, including staff management, venue set up & operations, contractor liaison and Building Warden capacity.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar roles within a multi-sport venue
- Current Occupational First Aid Certificate (including Provide First Aid, Provide Basic Emergency Life Support, Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Occupational First Aid Skills Set, Provide Advanced First Aid, Provide Advanced Resuscitation, and Manager First Aid Services)
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate (Pool Lifeguard Skill Set)
- Completion of Pool Lifeguard License or ability to obtain prior to completion of probationary period
- Pool Plant Operator (Aquatic Technical Operator Skill Set)
- A valid NSW Working with Children Check
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate values of Penrith City Council
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis Training
- Aquatic Supervision Qualification’s
We offer our staff highly competitive benefits such as flexible working conditions, access to Council’s paid maternity leave, 15 days sick leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, diverse salary packaging options and internal training and networking opportunities, including education and study assistance.
This position has been identified as a Child-Related position under Child Protection laws in NSW. To be eligible to apply, you are required to provide Council with a valid Working with Children Check Number.
You may also be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position you have applied for.
Commencing Salary: $59,200.00 to $68,526.00 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation
To view the position description and to submit your application, please visit www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date.
In addition applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Daniel Brown, Team Leader Venue Operations on 9833 3000.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date to process your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.