At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and a finalist in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
About the Team
Ripples provides contemporary, well maintained facilities including a gym, pools, and a hydrotherapy and rehabilitation centre to the residents of the Penrith Local Government Area. We are proud of our highly performing team who have won a number of recent state and national Austswim and Swim Australia awards.
About the role
As an Exercise Physiologist, you will provide efficient and effective delivery of rehabilitation services, specialising in clinical exercise prescription, health education and behaviour modification programs, for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries. These include, but are not limited to, neurological/neuromuscular conditions, musculoskeletal conditions, chronic pain, cardiometabolic conditions and cancer.
We provide services under NDIS, WorkCover, Medicare, DVA and private health insurance. Your key duties will include:
- Prescribing gym and hydrotherapy based exercise programs using evidence-based research
- Liaising with key stakeholders including GPs, Case Managers, Support Coordinators, insurers, and other treating allied health professionals
- Conducting workplace assessments
- Report writing and medical case conferencing
A Permanent Part-time position for 32 hours per week is currently available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Tertiary qualification in Exercise Physiology
- Exercise Physiologist Accreditation from ESSA (Exercise & Sport Science Australia)
- Current First Aid Certificate (including Provide First Aid, Provide Basic Emergency Life Support and Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- A valid NSW Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and monitor procedures and systems
- Sound technical knowledge in programming and administrative tasks
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate with the ability to use standard software packages
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate values of Penrith City Council
- Strength and Conditioning certification or Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Experience in Sport specific or Rehabilitation programming
- Experience in a rehabilitation field and demonstrated skills and experience in the development of rehabilitation and therapy programs, report writing and public relations
We offer our staff highly competitive benefits such as flexible working conditions, access to Council’s paid maternity leave, 15 days sick leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, diverse salary packaging options and internal training and networking opportunities, including education and study assistance.
This position has been identified as a Child-Related position under Child Protection laws in NSW. To be eligible to apply, you are required to provide Council with a valid Working with Children Check Number.
You may also be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position you have applied for.
Commencing Salary: $34.33 - $39.73 per hour, plus 9.5% superannuation
To view the position description and submit your application, please visit www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria.
Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position, please contact Mirna Shukri on 9833 3075.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.