At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and a finalist in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
City Presentation delivers a range of services that provide clean, well-presented public spaces in the Penrith Local Government Area. Comprising over 200 qualified and driven staff, areas of opportunity for employment include civil construction and works, horticulture and landscaping, fleet management and workshop servicing, trades and public cleansing and maintenance.
Our team ensures that Council spaces are well maintained and always ready for use by our residents, are sustainable into the future, and significant assets, community buildings, roads, drainage, fleet, parks and open spaces provide the required level of service in a cost-effective manner for present and future residents.
In City Presentation, we seek staff who are organised, take pride in their work, and are willing to go that little bit further to ensure the little details make their work speak for itself. We encourage personal and professional development, and pride ourselves on a culture that encourages staff contribution and involvement.
We are currently seeking a motivated individual with demonstrated leadership capabilities and business acumen to undertake the role of Workshop and Fleet Operations Coordinator within our Civil Operations section on a permanent full-time basis. In this role, you will effectively lead and manage the operation of Council’s mechanical workshop, and coordinate the acquisition, disposal, registration, servicing, repairs and insurance processes for Council’s fleet, ensuring efficient and effective use of resources, and general depot operations.
This position is based at Council's Main Works Depot in Kingswood and operates on a 76-hour fortnight with a Rostered Day Off once a fortnight.
- Tertiary or Trade qualification in Plant and Fleet Management or a relevant qualification to manage a large fleet workshop
- Substantial knowledge and experience to manage a large plant and fleet portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise staff and the operations of the team
- Demonstrated skills in the use of computer applications, including mobility or similar mobile technology
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing budgets
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Current Class C driver licence
- Commitment and ability to implement Work Health and Safety and Equal Employment Opportunity principles
- Extensive experience in a workshop environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Chain of Responsibility (CoR)
- Current Class MR driver licence
- Light Vehicle / Heavy Vehicle Authorised Inspection Station Examiner Certificate
Commencing Salary: $111,630.00 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation
A Leaseback Vehicle is available with this position; however, it is not a condition of employment.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Gowry Gowrythasan, Acting Civil Works, Workshop and Fleet Operations Manager, on 4732 7566.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.