2021 Business Administration Traineeships
Job no: 493079
Work type: Temporary Full Time
Categories: Administration & Office Support, Traineeships
Salary: $753.80 per week
Are you interested in kick starting a career in Business Administration?
Penrith City Council is looking to employ committed, enthusiastic and passionate individuals to undertake a 12-month traineeship in Business Administration. Your positive attitude, willingness to learn and strong customer focus will ensure you are successful in securing one of these exciting opportunities
As a Business Administration Trainee you will complete a Certificate III in Business Administration over a 1 Year Duration, whilst gaining valuable information and industry experience in a supportive environment.
Business Administration Trainees undertake a range of functions to make sure the administration activities within our organisation run smoothly and effectively. We offer a number of business administration traineeship positions in the following areas:
- Ripples Aquatic and Recreation Centre
- Engineering Services
- Children's Services
- Library Services
- People and Culture
- Interest in business administration
- Ability to commit to the completion of required study (including attending TAFE and submission of coursework) and work at the same time
- Willingness to take on tasks as directed by supervisors
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Demonstrated experience in being pro-active and taking initiative in the workplace
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer and clerical skills such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Driver’s licence is required for some Departments (provisional licence is satisfactory
To apply you must:
- Not hold a Certificate III or IV in any field completed in the last 7 years, and/or Diploma qualification and above in any field of any date. Qualifications up to Certificate IV level commenced whilst at school or within two years of leaving school do not affect eligibility.
- Have the ability to work in Australia.
- Identify which area(s) you are interested in from the above list.
Commencing Salary: $753.80 per week
Penrith City Council encourages applications from persons who identify with a disability or identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Traineeships commence on Monday, 11 January 2021.
To view the position description and submit your application, use the link below.
For further information about the position please contact Peta Weiss on 4732 7758.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend