Are you a project/program manager looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity?
At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and a finalist in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days’ personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) function is responsible for the provision of ICT services across the organisation through business solutions, infrastructure/systems integration, spatial information systems, program\project management, internal ICT customer service and strategy delivery.
Our team of ICT Professionals are passionate about working with new technologies and delivering change through quality ICT services and solutions. As part of our team you will inspire, advocate and champion innovative technologies across the organisation.
The ICT Program Delivery Manager is responsible for leading, planning, directing, and coordinating the delivery of all ICT enabled Programs and Projects as approved by the Program Management Office and other Transformation initiatives. This will include both Business and ICT infrastructure Programs and Projects. The role will also lead a team of project managers and project administrators to oversee the execution of our Digital Transformation program and projects.
An exciting new opportunity has opened for a permanent Program Delivery Manager to lead the Program Delivery Team. Reporting to the ICT Operations Manager, you will be pivotal in delivering transformational technical programs\projects to bring to life “Technology for Tomorrow’s Penrith”; to support our progressive City Council within a region on the rise.
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or a relevant field.
- Proven experience in managing complex enterprise-wide Digital transformation programs and multiple concurrent projects.
- Project Management Certification eg Prince2, PMBOK
- Strong core Project and Program Management skills across prioritisation, business case development, planning, governance, budgeting, resourcing, scheduling and change
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills and ability to lead and drive outcomes
- Strong understanding of IT systems and project delivery methodologies
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary project teams to drive and deliver unified outcomes
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Demonstrated understanding of current and emerging information and communication technologies
- An analytical mindset with superb communication and problem-solving skills
- Change Management certification eg PROSCI, CHAMPS2
- Experience in an Australian local government
- Skills in new technology evaluation, product and vendor evaluation, contract negotiation, and procurement management
A Leaseback Vehicle is available with this position; however, it is not a condition of employment.
A competitive salary will be negotiated commensurate with the skills, qualifications and experience of the preferred applicant.
To view the position description and submit your application, please visit www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the Essential and Desirable selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Jane Howard, ICT Operations Manager, on 4732 8255.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time