About the organisation
At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and a finalist in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days’ personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
About the Department
The City Economy and Marketing Department consists of a dynamic team of professionals passionate about stimulating the Penrith economy through an exciting range of marketing and economic development programs.
About the Role
This role is a part-time temporary position. We are seeking someone that can work 21 hours per week to 1 June 2022; there are additional hours available during June 2021 (up to 35hrs per week), if the preferred applicant has capacity.
We are currently looking for an experienced marketing professional to work within the City Marketing team to assist with the successful development of Penrith City marketing plans, strategies and campaigns that build on the City’s strengths, identity and natural environments to enhance Penrith’s position as a place to invest.
The City Marketing Officer produces marketing content to attract city investment, skilled and talented new residents and to influence industry sectors (including tourism) to create new jobs in Penrith for the benefit of the local community.
You will also provide advice and support to Council’s commercial enterprises through marketing strategies and campaigns. You will have experience in developing and successfully implementing marketing campaigns to achieve objectives.
Our department is committed to making a difference, and we continually calibrate our work against the core values of respect, innovation and accountability.
Our team is dynamic, outgoing, high-performing, energetic and friendly, and engaged in enhancing the future of Penrith and creating more opportunities for Penrith residents. If you are looking for your next challenge, this is the role for you.
- Tertiary qualification in marketing or communications.
- Demonstrated experience achieving objectives through marketing and communications planning and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience working with a number of diverse teams to pull together marketing and communications programs to deliver objectives.
- Demonstrated experience delivering and evaluating a marketing campaign.
- Demonstrated understanding and use of emerging technologies and their implementation in marketing and communication outcomes.
- Experience working to a corporate brand and writing style guideline.
- Knowledge of Project Management applications and techniques.
- Previous experience working on major city marketing projects that involves multiple market segments and use diverse marketing and communication channels to create impact.
- Previous experience working in Local Government.
- Current Class C Driver Licence.
- Knowledge of EEO, WHS and Corporate Governance requirements.
Commencing Salary: $80,034.00 p.a. (pro-rata), plus 9.5% superannuation
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description, find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council and submit your application.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (Essential and Desirable criteria listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Stacey Rossetto, City Marketing Coordinator, on 4732 7782.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.