About the organisation
At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and a finalist in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
About the Opportunity
Penrith is a City with exciting city shaping projects and programs unfolding right across the region. We’re looking for the best and brightest to join Council’s Communications Team to contribute to this work through engaging and dynamic communications strategies and campaigns.
We’re looking for experienced Communications Officers to plan, develop and deliver communications campaigns that will drive greater engagement, understanding and information sharing with our local residents, community and other key stakeholder groups.
We have 2 full time positions available for a 1-year contract with the possibility to extend or be made permanent working with departments such as Sport and Recreation and Design and Projects to develop and deliver their communication strategies. In addition, we have a part time (21 hours per week) 2-year position with the potential to be extended working with a diverse range of internal departments to communicate their projects and initiatives to our community. An Eligibility List may be created for potential future temporary or ongoing opportunities that may arise.
If you enjoy working across a variety of platforms, like a fast paced environment, consider yourself dynamic, motivated and creative, we’d encourage you to apply.
- A tertiary qualification in Communications or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience building positive perceptions for an organisation through the development and implementation of strategic communications.
- Demonstrated experience producing content suited to a range of formats and diverse audiences, including online and print formats.
- Demonstrated experience delivering and evaluating a major communications plan.
- Demonstrate the use of emerging technologies and their implementation in communication outcomes.
- Successful time management skills especially in relation to meeting deadlines and managing multiple tasks
- Previous experience working in Local Government.
- Experience working in the media or in a similar role.
- A current Driver Licence.
Commencing Salary: $80,034.00 per annum, plus 9.5% Superannuation
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description, find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council and submit your application.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (Essential and Desirable listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Andrew Farrell, Communications Coordinator, on 4732 8023.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.