About the organisation
At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and a finalist in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
About the Department
The Business Transformation (BT) department is an established enterprise portfolio management office for our organisation. Within the Corporate Services directorate, BT includes the following critical functions; Integrated Planning & Reporting, Business Systems, and Program Management Office (PMO) and Business Improvement (BI).
The key drivers for BT include optimisation of business portfolio investment, leading and mobilisation of continuous improvement, and uplifting organisational Business Transformation capability.
About the Role
The Change Management & Capability Lead will be responsible for establishing, maturing and leading an Enterprise-wide Project Change Management Framework as an integral part of the PMO Framework. This role will lead the development, roll-out and management of the project change methodologies, processes and capability across the organisation while building strong stakeholder engagement and collaboration Council-wide. Further it will also partner with key projects to lead their change management.
- Proven experience in establishing and leading a greenfield Change Management Framework at enterprise level within a large and complex environment
- Experience in adapting the change management principles, methodologies and tools based on different scenarios
- Ability to hold workshops and training sessions clearly articulating messages to a variety of audiences
- Experience in delivering Change Management for projects
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Tertiary qualification in Change management or equivalent
- Local Government Experience
- Experience managing direct report(s)
- Change Management certification
- Relevant Post Graduate qualifications
Commencing Salary: $111,630.00 - $129,216.00 per annum, plus 9.5% Superannuation
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description, find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council and submit your application.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date, 30 June 2021. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Sandesh Khandelwal, PMO and BI Manager, on 4732 7542.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.