About the organisation
At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and a finalist in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
About the Department
The Business Transformation (BT) department is an established enterprise portfolio management office for our organisation. Within the Corporate Services directorate, BT includes the following critical functions; Integrated Planning & Reporting, Business Systems, and Program Management Office (PMO) and Business Improvement (BI).
The key drivers for BT include optimisation of business portfolio investment, leading and mobilisation of continuous improvement, and uplifting organisational Business Transformation capability
About the Role
The purpose of this role will be to ensure that Penrith City Council invests in projects that deliver the best customer outcomes. PMO Lead – Governance & Reporting will be responsible for leading project portfolio governance & reporting as an integral part of establishing a newly formed PMO framework within the organisation. This role will also play a key role in supporting the business and Leadership Team.
- Experience working within a PMO and EPMO. Knowledge of Project Portfolio Management principles, approaches, techniques, and tools
- Demonstrated success in engaging and influencing a diverse range of stakeholders, whilst supporting and educating them on the PMO processes
- Strong project portfolio reporting including finance, risk, benefits and recommendations at various levels of the organization
- Strong project portfolio governance experience gained through being part of Portfolio Governance Forums
- Tertiary qualification in Project Management or equivalent
- PMP/Prince 2 certification or equivalent
- Local Government Experience
- Worked in a greenfield PMO set-up earlier
- Understands project financial management
- Experience managing direct report(s)
- Power BI experience
- Relevant Post Graduate qualifications
Commencing Salary: $111,630.00 - $129,216.00 per annum, plus 9.5% Superannuation
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description, find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council and submit your application.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (Essential and Desirable listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date, 30 June 2021. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Sandesh Khandelwal, PMO and BI Manager, on 4732 7542.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.