At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
The Business Transformation (BT) department is within the Corporate Services directorate and includes the following critical functions: Corporate Strategy and Performance, Business Systems, and Program Management Office (PMO) and Business Improvement (BI).
The key drivers for BT include the delivery of strategic direction and performance measurement through the Integrated Planning and Reporting (IP&R) Framework, optimisation of business portfolio investment, leading and mobilisation of continuous improvement, and uplifting organisational Business Transformation capability.
About the opportunity
With recent legislative changes and the release of the new Integrated Planning and Reporting (IP&R) Guidelines, this is an exciting time to join and contribute to the work of our Corporate Strategy and Performance team!
We are currently seeking an astute and self-motivated individual with an excellent understanding of local government legislation and policy, particularly Integrated Planning and Reporting, to develop and advance Council’s Corporate Planning framework, including the Integrated Planning Framework and Organisational Operating Model, to improve integration and create lasting improvement in organisational operations. In this role, you will also investigate and communicate the impact of internal and external strategies, initiatives and priorities across the organisation, and partner with Managers and Directors across the organisation to help ensure day to day operations and organisational priorities are consistent with long term objectives.
- Tertiary qualification in Local Government, Business, Public Administration, Organisational Development, Communications, Planning or related field
- An excellent understanding of relevant local government legislation and policy, including Integrated Planning and Reporting
- Ability to contribute to and lead strategy development
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking and decision-making skills to the resolution of complex problems (e.g. logistical, technical, political) and issues as they arise
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and distil significant issues quickly and accurately and generate innovative solutions to problems.
- Excellent written, verbal and online communication skills
- Experience in engaging different audiences
- Dispute resolution and negotiation skills
- Experience facilitating groups and meetings
- Sound understanding of risk assessment including financial, programming, WHS, workplace and people risks
Salary: The salary for this position ranges from $113,864 - $131,801 per annum, plus 10% Superannuation, and will be negotiated commensurate with the skills, qualifications and experience of the preferred applicant.
Access to a Motor Vehicle Allowance is available with this position; however, it is not a condition of employment.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Andrew Moore, Director - Corporate Services, on 4732 7802.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.