At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
Penrith is a City with exciting city-shaping projects and programs unfolding right across the region. We’re looking for the best and brightest to join Council’s Communications Team to contribute to this work through engaging and dynamic communications strategies and campaigns.
About the opportunity
Penrith Council is looking for an experienced, dynamic, motivated and creative Digital Communications Officer to join our team on a temporary full-time basis, commencing in February/March 2022 for a period up to 12 months.
In this role, you will use your diverse digital communication skills to plan, develop and deliver impactful online communications campaigns and activities that will drive greater engagement, understanding and information sharing with our local residents, Council staff and other key stakeholder groups.
This includes monitoring and maintaining Council’s websites, organic and paid digital communications programs, integrating the delivery of content with other online channels including social media, and reporting back on the success of campaigns with insights for future opportunities to improve.
If you like a fast-paced environment and have experience working across all social media and web platforms, including the latest trends' and analytics' experience tracking and reporting online behaviour, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Tertiary qualification in Digital Communications, Marketing or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience delivering, monitoring and evaluating a major digital communications plan / campaign with web, social and other digital analytics and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in website administration, management and maintenance, including the application of web accessibility, through a content management system in a large organisation
- Demonstrated experience producing content suited to a range of digital formats and diverse audiences, including video and other content for social media, web and online publishing
- Experience building positive perceptions for an organisation through the development and implementation of a digital communications campaign that uses emerging technologies across the implementation
- Successful time management skills especially in relation to meeting deadlines and managing multiple tasks
- Previous experience working in Local Government
- Experience working for an online publisher or in a similar role
- Current Class C driver licence
Salary: The salary for this position ranges from $81,635.00 - $94,496.00 per annum, plus 10% Superannuation, and will be negotiated commensurate with the skills, qualifications and experience of the preferred applicant.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application. It is anticipated that interviews for this position will be held in mid-January 2022.
For further information about the position, please contact Jessica Gadd, Digital, Design and Corporate Events Coordinator, on 4732 8332.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.