At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
Ripples provides a number of facilities including a gym, pools, and a hydrotherapy and rehabilitation centre to the residents of the Penrith Local Government Area. We are proud of our highly performing team who have won a number of recent state and national Austswim and Swim Australia awards.
About the role
The Duty Manager is responsible for ensuring the safety and positive engagement of our users by providing high levels of customer service to Ripples patrons.
Your role oversees the safe daily operations of the Centre and management of our members and guests within the Venues, including staff management, venue set up & operations, contractor liaison and Building Warden capacity.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar roles within a multi-sport venue
- Current Occupational First Aid Certificate (including Provide First Aid, Provide Basic Emergency Life Support, Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Occupational First Aid Skills Set, Provide Advanced First Aid, Provide Advanced Resuscitation, and Manager First Aid Services)
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate (Pool Lifeguard Skill Set)
- Completion of Pool Lifeguard License or ability to obtain prior to completion of probationary period
- Pool Plant Operator (Aquatic Technical Operator Skill Set)
- A valid NSW Working with Children Check
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a Medical Exemption in line with the NSW Public Health Order for Disability Service Providers
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis Training
- Aquatic Supervision Qualification’s
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate values of Penrith City Council
Salary: $61,291.00 - $70,947.00 per annum, plus 10% superannuation
This position has been identified as a Child-Related position under Child Protection laws in NSW. To be eligible to apply, you are required to provide Council with a valid Working with Children Check Number.
You may also be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position you have applied for.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Hamish Sherwood, Team Leader Venue Operations on 9833 3000.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the Covid-19 pandemic
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.