At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
Environmental Health and Compliance plays a vital role in protecting the health, environment and safety of our growing city. Our team of dedicated professionals are responsible for environmental protection and public health programs, development compliance, regulatory and animal services.
About the role
The position will be part of an effective team responsible for the delivery of a wide range of Regulatory functions including parking enforcement, local law enforcement, and animal services within a defined geographical area. This position will also assist other Council Departments on a needs basis or as directed by the Leadership Team.
- Rangers Certificate IV in Local Government (Regulatory Services), or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- A current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Proven ability to work autonomously in a potentially volatile environment.
- Experience in the use of personal computers and related software packages.
- Sound knowledge of the Local Government Act and Regulations.
- Current National Crimes check.
- The ability to prepare complex reports, proposals, submissions, and issue Notices & Orders.
- Knowledge of court procedure, brief preparation, and the Evidence Act 1995.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Companion Animals Act 1998 and proven ability to work with companion animals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 and Regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Road Rules 2014 and Roads Act 1993.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Impounding Act 1993.
- First Aid Certificate or the ability to obtain.
Commencing salary: $73,342.00 per annum, plus 10% Superannuation.
A competitive salary will be negotiated commensurate with the skills, qualifications, and experience of the preferred applicant.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55 pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Andrew Pierce, Coordinator Ranger & Animal Services, on 4732 7488.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different from normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.