At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
The Penrith City Library Service provides an array of informational, educational and recreational resources and services for residents and visitors through three branch libraries, a home library service, community events and pop-up libraries, children’s and adult programming, physical and digital collections, local history collections and programs, and a toy library service. Resident surveys consistently show Penrith City Council libraries to be one of the City’s most popular services.
About the role
In this role you will contribute to an effective and efficient library service for the community of Penrith City Council through providing customer service duties at Penrith Central Library and other branch libraries as rostered. You will assist library customers to use digital services and equipment. You will participate in events and programs promoting library services. You will demonstrate and promote Council Values – Show Respect, Be Accountable, Encourage Innovation.
This is a part time role and requires the incumbent to work rostered shifts across seven days, including evening and weekend hours.
One permanent part-time (17.5 hours per week) position is available to commence immediately.
- Relevant Degree/Graduate Diploma qualification with eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association [or] Diploma of Library / Information Services [TAFE], or equivalents
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills and experience
- Demonstrated skills using online systems, mobile devices and applications
- Demonstrated skills using library equipment, including scanners, printers and photocopiers
- Flexibility to work rostered shifts across seven days, including evening and weekend hours
- Demonstrated ability to supervise service desk operations during rostered shifts
- Current Class C Drivers License
- Are you vaccinated for COVID-19 or do you have a Medical Exemption in line with the NSW Public Health Order?
- Public Library experience
Commencing salary: $38.01 to $44.00 per hour, plus 10% superannuation.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Rosemary Scott, Staff Development Librarian, on 4732 8126.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.