At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
About City Presentation
City Presentation delivers a range of services that provide clean, well-presented public spaces in the Penrith Local Government Area. Comprising over 200 qualified and driven staff, areas of opportunity for employment include civil construction and works, horticulture and landscaping, fleet management and workshop servicing, trades and public cleansing and maintenance.
Our team ensures that Council spaces are well maintained and always ready for use by our residents, are sustainable into the future, and significant assets, community buildings, roads, drainage, fleet, parks and open spaces provide the required level of service in a cost-effective manner for present and future residents.
In City Presentation, we seek staff who are organised, take pride in their work, and are willing to go that little bit further to ensure the little details make their work speak for itself. We encourage personal and professional development, and pride ourselves on a culture that encourages staff contribution and involvement.
About the Role
You will be accountable for the coordination of resources and activities performed by the Public Spaces Maintenance team. You will be responsible for ensuring Council’s open spaces are maintained in accordance with community expectations by implementing an effective works program using industry practices. The preferred applicant for this position will have demonstrated leadership capabilities and strong customer-centric focus.
This position is the perfect opportunity if you are looking for the next step in your career. You will have the opportunity in building upon your industry experience while being mentored and supported by passionate industry professionals.
This position operates on a 76-hour fortnight with a rostered day off once a fortnight.
- Tertiary qualification in Horticulture, Frontline Management, Project Management and/or relevant discipline
- Extensive experience in the coordination of daily field operations including the supervision of field staff and contractors
- Experience in successfully managing multi-skilled work teams and projects
- Demonstrated ability in carrying out field audits and ensuring compliance with Work Health and Safety (WHS) requirements
- Demonstrated experience in identifying opportunities for further service enhancements and efficiency gains
- Demonstrated sound written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to WHS and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) principles
- Demonstrated computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Previous Experience and/or knowledge of the Local Government environment
- Previous experience in tree maintenance
- First Aid Certificate
Salary: The salary for this position ranges from $83,269.00 - $96,386.00 per annum, plus 10.5% Superannuation. Salary will be negotiated based on the skills, qualifications and experience of the preferred applicant.
Access to a Leaseback Vehicle is available with this position; however, it is not a condition of employment.
This position requires the worker to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 or to hold a medical contraindication certificate.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Please select the link/s below to view the position description and to submit your application online.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact John Reilly, Operations Coordinator – Public Spaces Maintenance on 4732 8143.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.