At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
Penrith City Council delivers a diverse range of quality services to our 198,000 residents and we pride ourselves on being a leader in sustainable local government and an Employer of Choice. Our workforce consists of approximately 1,200 permanent, temporary and casual staff working in a diverse range of roles including construction and maintenance, recreation, children’s services, legal and governance, engineering, finance, planning and IT.
About the role
Are you interested in kick starting a career in Business Administration?
Penrith City Council is looking to employ committed, enthusiastic and passionate individuals to undertake a 12-month traineeship in Business Administration. Your positive attitude, willingness to learn and strong customer focus will ensure you are successful in securing one of these exciting opportunities
As a Business Administration Trainee you will complete a Certificate III in Business over a 1 Year Duration, whilst gaining valuable information and industry experience in a supportive environment.
Business Administration Trainees undertake a range of functions to make sure the administration activities within our organisation run smoothly and effectively.
- Interest in business administration
- Ability to commit to the completion of required study (including attending TAFE and submission of coursework) and work at the same time
- Willingness to take on tasks as directed by supervisors
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Demonstrated experience in being pro-active and taking initiative in the workplace
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer and clerical skills such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Driver’s licence is required for some Departments (provisional licence is satisfactory).
To apply you must:
- Not hold a Certificate III or IV in any field completed in the last 7 years, and/or Diploma qualification and above in any field of any date. Qualifications up to Certificate IV level commenced whilst at school or within two years of leaving school do not affect eligibility.
- Have the ability to work in Australia.
Commencing salary: $812.60 per week plus 10.5% Superannuation.
This position requires the worker to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 or to hold a medical contraindication certificate.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Lauren Griffiths, Human Resources Business Support Officer on 4732 7777.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.