At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
City Presentation delivers a range of services that provide clean, well-presented public spaces in the Penrith Local Government Area. Comprising over 200 qualified and driven staff, areas of opportunity for employment include civil construction and works, horticulture and landscaping, fleet management and workshop servicing, trades and public cleansing and maintenance.
Our team ensures that Council spaces are well maintained and always ready for use by our residents, are sustainable into the future, and significant assets, community buildings, roads, drainage, fleet, parks and open spaces provide the required level of service in a cost-effective manner for present and future residents.
In City Presentation, we seek staff who are organised, take pride in their work, and are willing to go that little bit further to ensure the little details make their work speak for itself. We encourage personal and professional development, and pride ourselves on a culture that encourages staff contribution and involvement.
About the role
This position will play an important role within the team or as a self managed unit in the Civil Operations area and will complete all duties associated with the safe operation of all council’s vehicles and plant, transports of persons, equipment and materials. The position requires the occupant to plan, prioritise and coordinate own work, which may include road, concrete or drainage maintenance and supervise others when required or as directed. This position also requires the occupant to train others to relieve in this position. The position therefore requires a commitment to ongoing training and rotation within the City Presentation area to develop and maintain the required skills and competencies of the position.
- Class MR Driver licence
- Relevant current Plant Operator Statements of Attainment / Verification of Competency
- Current Traffic Control Blue Ticket
- Substantial experience in civil work labouring activities
- Knowledge of all aspects of operation and maintenance of tipping trucks and trailers including loading, securing and unloading
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to be self directed and undertake a leadership role when required
- Work Safely in the Construction Industry (White) Card
- Knowledge of and commitment to WHS and EEO principles
- A Vehicle Loading Crane Ticket
- Competency in the use of various plant items
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Construction or related area
- Previous supervisory experience
- Previous experience in Local Government
Commencing Salary: $62,518 per annum, plus 10.5% superannuation and an Adverse Working Conditions Allowance in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award.
This position requires the worker to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 or to hold a medical contraindication certificate.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date, 2 June 2023. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Lynden Tippett, Field Coordinator Civil Works on 4732 8026.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.