Librarian or Senior Library Technician
Job no: 494105
Work type: Permanent Part Time
Categories: Library Services
At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
The Penrith City Library Service provides an array of informational, educational and recreational resources and services for residents and visitors through three branch libraries, a home library service, community events and pop-up libraries, children’s and adult programming, physical and digital collections, local history collections and programs, and a toy library service. Resident surveys consistently show Penrith City Council libraries to be one of the City’s most popular services.
About the role
The Library Services Team currently have two permanent part-time positions available. These positions will contribute to an effective and efficient library service for the community of Penrith City Council through providing customer service duties at Penrith Central Library and other branch libraries as rostered. In this role, you will provide assistance library customers to use the library’s digital services and equipment. You will also participate in events and programs promoting library services.
- Relevant Degree/Graduate Diploma qualification with eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association [or] Diploma of Library / Information Services [TAFE], or equivalents
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills and experience
- Demonstrated skills using online systems, mobile devices and applications
- Demonstrated skills using library equipment, including scanners, printers and photocopiers
- Flexibility to work rostered shifts across seven days, including evening and weekend hours
- Demonstrated ability to supervise service desk operations during rostered shifts
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Public Library experience
Commencing salary: $38.77 - $44.88 per hour, plus 10.5% Superannuation.
This position requires the worker to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 or to hold a medical contraindication certificate.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Adam Miletic, Library Technician - Operations, on 4732 8549.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend