At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
Development Services is committed to ensuring that Penrith is a well-planned, balanced City that supports the housing, lifestyle, employment and other needs of our diverse, growing population. We are achieving this through quality and sustainable development outcomes. Our talented and dedicated team of planning and building professionals are responsible for development assessment, certification and fire safety. We are the heart of the New West and we’re building a City of the future… join us!
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Building Surveyor to join our Building Certification team. In this position, you will have a commitment to providing a high level of customer service and ensure that the Building Certification service is competitive, sustainable and supports Council’s Strategic objectives. You will also contribute to the development of our enthusiastic team of Building Surveyors into competent and contemporary professionals, and also have the opportunity to assess more complex Development Applications in Council’s more sensitive areas.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced professional who enjoys challenges, is innovative and motivated to deliver quality outcomes. You must have appropriate tertiary qualifications and excellent communication skills. You would also have extensive experience in assessing developments to ensure that they meet performance requirements, and a demonstrated track record of decisions that deliver quality developments.
- Tertiary qualifications in building surveying and extensive relevant experience
- Building Surveyor - Restricted (Class 1 and 10 buildings) (previously A3 Accreditation) and working towards Building Surveyor - Restricted (all classes of buildings) (previously A2 Accreditation) or Building Surveyor - Unrestricted (previously A1 Accreditation) as a Building Surveyor under the Building and Development Certifiers Act 2018 and Regulation
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment and determination of a wide range of complex development and construction certificate applications including the assessment of performance solutions
- A sound understanding of NSW Planning and Certification related legislation
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Previous experience in a local government environment
- Demonstrated experience in fire safety compliance including undertaking fire safety audits
Salary: The salary for this position ranges from $96,099.00 - $111,238.00 per annum, plus 10.5% Superannuation, and will be negotiated commensurate with the skills, qualifications and experience of the preferred applicant.
Access to a Leaseback Vehicle is available with this position; however, it is not a condition of employment.
This position requires the worker to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 or to hold a medical contraindication certificate.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Craig Squires, Coordinator Certification and Fire Safety, on 4732 7517.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.