At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
About City Presentation
City Presentation delivers a range of services that provide clean, well-presented public spaces in the Penrith Local Government Area. Comprising over 200 qualified and driven staff, areas of opportunity for employment include civil construction and works, horticulture and landscaping, fleet management and workshop servicing, trades and public cleansing and maintenance.
Our team ensures that Council spaces are well maintained and always ready for use by our residents, are sustainable into the future, and significant assets, community buildings, roads, drainage, fleet, parks and open spaces provide the required level of service in a cost-effective manner for present and future residents.
In City Presentation, we seek staff who are organised, take pride in their work, and are willing to go that little bit further to ensure the little details make their work speak for itself. We encourage personal and professional development, and pride ourselves on a culture that encourages staff contribution and involvement.
About the Role
We currently have a permanent full-time opportunity available in the position of Field Operator – Labourer. This position will be based within our Bushland Management team. You will play an important role in the maintenance of Council’s Natural Areas. You will be performing labouring and other duties as directed by the Bushland Management Coordinator.
This position operates on a 76-hour fortnight with a Rostered Day Off once a fortnight.
- General working experience (labouring and/or otherwise)
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- General labouring experience or capable of carrying out labouring duties
- Knowledge of and commitment to WHS and EEO principles
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised.
- Work Safely in the Construction Industry (White) Card
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Tertiary qualification in Conservation and Land Management (Natural Area Restoration)
and/or related area
- First Aid Certificate
- Competency in the use of various plant items
- Previous experience in Local Government
- ChemCert or SMARTtrain
- Ability to work with community based bush care groups and environmental groups including community education
Commencing Salary: $51,007 per annum, plus 10% Superannuation and an Adverse Working Conditions Allowance in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award.
This position requires the worker to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 or to hold a medical contraindication certificate.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Please select the link/s below to view the position description and to submit your application online.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Justine Vella, Bushland Management Coordinator on 4732 8088.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.