At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
Environmental Health and Compliance plays a vital role in protecting the health, environment and safety of our growing city. Our team of dedicated professionals are responsible for environmental protection and public health programs, development compliance, regulatory and animal services.
About the role
You will work within the Development Compliance Team to regulate policies/ legislation in order to protect and enhance the environment of Penrith Council and the health and safety of its community. You will work in a team with fellow professionals to investigate, resolve and provide advice in relation to swimming pools, environmental and land use compliance matters. You will also be involved in proactive compliance and educational programs relating to swimming pools.
- Completed or currently enrolled in E1 Accreditation in accordance with the Building Professionals Board
- Experience in inspecting swimming pool barriers and issuing compliance certificates
- Knowledge of legislation and standards relating to swimming pools including Swimming Pool Act 1992 and Regulation 2018, AS 1926.1-2007 Swimming Pool Safety part 1 & 2, and a broad understanding of the Building Code of Australia
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication both written and oral
- Sound organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate computer systems and database systems with knowledge of office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook
- A current Class 1C Driver’s Licence
- Completed or currently enrolled in a tertiary qualification in Environmental Health, Environmental Management, Building Surveying, Town Planning or a related field
- Experience in the preparation and presentation of evidence for Court proceedings
Salary: $71,903.00 to $83,231.00 p.a., plus 9.5% superannuation
Please note that a leaseback vehicle is not included in the salary package.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Charlie Saab, Development Compliance Coordinator, on 4732 8565.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.