Research Services Librarian
Job no: 493719
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Library Services
Salary: $81,635.000-$94,496.00 per annum, plus 10% Superannuation.
At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
The Penrith City Library Service provides an array of informational, educational and recreational resources and services for residents and visitors through three branch libraries, a home library service, community events and pop-up libraries, children’s and adult programming, physical and digital collections, local history collections and programs, and a toy library service. Resident surveys consistently show Penrith City Council libraries to be one of the City’s most popular services.
About the role
This position contributes to an effective and efficient library service for the community of Penrith City Council through providing excellent customer service at Penrith Central Library and other branch libraries as rostered. To lead the Research Team in the effective acquisition, cataloguing, digitisation and promotion of the local history resources. To undertake and coordinate extended research requests from Council and the community as well as plan and develop guidelines and procedures related to the management and use of the specialist local area historical collections. To demonstrate and promote Council Values – Show Respect, Be Accountable, Encourage Innovation.
- Relevant degree qualifications with eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association, or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of local community history and heritage collections and services
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of relevant databases, digital platforms and electronic resources
- Strong project management and administrative skills with a proven ability to manage concurrent tasks and work to deadlines
- Strong supervisory skills to manage a team with diverse responsibilities
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in successfully developing and presenting information sessions for both staff and the community
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Public library experience
- Experience working with volunteers and community groups.
Commencing salary: $81,635.000-$94,496.00 per annum, plus 10% Superannuation.
This position requires the worker to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 or to hold a medical contraindication certificate.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Joan Suckling, Library Resources Supervisor, on 4732 7777.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend