At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
The Penrith City Library Service provides an array of informational, educational and recreational resources and services for residents and visitors through three branch libraries, a home library service, community events and pop-up libraries, children’s and adult programming, physical and digital collections, local history collections and programs, and a toy library service. Resident surveys consistently show Penrith City Council libraries to be one of the City’s most popular services.
About the role
We are seeking a Library Resources Supervisor who will be apart of the Library Management Team. You will contribute to the achievement of Library goals and objectives by providing a professional, efficient, courteous service for the public. You will be responsible for leading a diverse team, overseeing the development and management of print and digital collections that are current and respond to customer needs as well as providing a social and historical record of the Penrith LGA in multiple formats.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong project management skills and budgetary skills, excellent written and oral communication skills and exceptional time management capabilities. You will work within a flexible and supportive work environment along side a team of dedicated and innovative professionals.
- Relevant Degree qualification with eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association, or equivalent
- Strong project management skills with a proven ability to manage concurrent tasks and work to deadlines
- Proven supervisory skills to manage a team with diverse responsibilities
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience in successfully developing and implementing strategies that focus on improving the accessibility and relevance of library collections for the community
- Demonstrated experience with digital resources and systems, and growing customer usage
- Demonstrated technology skills to assist a broad range of age groups and skill levels with technology assistance enquiries
- Demonstrated experience with data collection, analysis and reporting
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Public Library experience
Salary: The salary for this position ranges from $104,336.00 - $120,773.00 per annum, plus 10.5% Superannuation, and will be negotiated commensurate with the skills, qualifications and experience of the preferred applicant.
Access to a Leaseback Vehicle is available with this position; however, it is not a condition of employment.
This position requires the worker to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 or to hold a medical contraindication certificate.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Sarah Dean, Manager - Library Services, on 4732 7777.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.