Asset Information Officer
Job no: 493009
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Administration & Office Support, Asset Management
Salary: $80,034.00 p.a., plus 9.5% Super
At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and a finalist in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
Our Asset Management Department is responsible for the centralised planning of Council’s Civil and Parks Asset Management programs, City Safety and Security functions, and oversees the majority of Council’s assets including buildings, active and passive open space areas (including sporting fields, playgrounds, parks), roads, bridges, footpaths and drainage
We are seeking a motivated individual with strong attention to detail and the ability to methodically manage large amounts of data to join our team on a permanent full-time basis in the role of an Asset Information Officer. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering and maintaining an accurate, up-to-date register of Council owned assets. The successful candidate will be a team player with good communication and computer skills; a sound understanding of the application of spatial data and Geographical Information Systems; an appreciation for collecting, researching, organising and reporting on data and developing process improvements; and the ability to prioritise and meet competing demands.
- Tertiary qualification in Business Administration or relevant field
- Ability to manage large amounts of data and tasks in a methodical, well documented and repeatable style.
- Sound understanding in the use, application and principles of working with spatial data and Geographical Information Systems
- Competent in the use of MS Office applications, in particular Excel and Word
- Ability to prioritise own time, work under pressure, and meet timeframes under competing demands.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders and work in a team environment.
- Experience in the use of TechnologyOne system or a similar ERP
- Experience in the use of GIS software MapInfo or similar
Commencing Salary: $80,034.00 per annum, plus 9.5% Superannuation
Please select the link/s below to view the position description and to submit your application online.
For further information about the position, please contact Vinayak Patil, Asset Software Applications Officer, on (02) 4732 8349.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend