At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and a finalist in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
Ripples provides a number of facilities including a gym, pools, and a hydrotherapy and rehabilitation centre to the residents of the Penrith Local Government Area. We are proud of our highly performing team who have won a number of recent state and national Austswim and Swim Australia awards.
About the role
As a Dietitian, you will provide efficient and effective delivery of clinical dietary services using a patient centred approach, specialising in clinical dietary intervention, health education and behaviour modification, for the prevention and management of a variety of conditions. These include, but are not limited to, cardiometabolic conditions, food intolerance and allergies, eating disorders and weight management in both paediatric and adult populations.
We provide services under NDIS, WorkCover, Medicare, DVA and private health insurance. Your duties will include:
- prescribe high quality nutritional and dietary education using evidence based research
- liaise with key stakeholders including GPs, Case Managers, Support Coordinators, Insurers, and other treating allied health professionals
- Report writing and medical case conferencing
We are currently seeking a motivated individual to join our team on a temporary part-time basis for 16 hours per week, this will be for a period of up to 9 months as a parental leave cover, with the possibility of extension.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD) through Dietitians Association of Australia
- Current First Aid Certificate (including Provide First Aid, Provide Basic Emergency Life Support and Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- A current NSW Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and monitor procedures and systems
- Sound technical knowledge in client programming
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy skills with the ability to use standard software packages
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate values of Penrith City Council
- Experience in Sport specific or Rehabilitation programming
- Experience in a rehabilitation field and demonstrated skills and experience in the development of rehabilitation and therapy programs, report writing and public relations
Salary: $32.36 - $37.46 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation
This position has been identified as a Child-Related position under Child Protection laws in NSW. To be eligible to apply, you are required to provide Council with a valid Working with Children Check Number.
You may also be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position you have applied for.
To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date.
In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Mirna Shukri on 9833 3075.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.