At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
Ripples provides a number of facilities including a gym, pools, and a hydrotherapy and rehabilitation centre to the residents of the Penrith Local Government Area. We are proud of our highly performing team who have won a number of recent state and national Austswim and Swim Australia awards.
About the role
As an Exercise Physiologist, you will provide efficient and effective delivery of rehabilitation services, specializing in clinical exercise prescription, health education and behavior modification programs, for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries. These includes, but are not limited to, neurological/neuromuscular conditions, musculoskeletal conditions, chronic pain, cardiometabolic conditions and cancer.
We provide services under NDIS, WorkCover, Medicare, DVA, and Private Health Insurance. Your key duties include:
- Prescribing gym and hydrotherapy based exercise programs using evidence based research
- Liaising with key stakeholders including GPs, Case Managers, Support Coordinators, insurers, and other treating allied health professionals
- Conducting workplace assessments
- Report writing and medical case conferencing
A permanent part time position for 29 hours per week is currently available.
- Tertiary qualification in Exercise Physiology
- Exercise Physiologist Accreditation from ESSA (Exercise and Sport Science Australia)
- Current First Aid Certificate (including Provide First Aid, Provide Basic Emergency Life Support and Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- A valid NSW Working with Children's Check
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and monitor procedures and systems
- Sound technical knowledge in programming and administrative tasks
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate with the ability to use standard software packages
- Demonstrated commitment to cooperate values of Penrith City Council
- Strength and conditioning certification or Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Experience in Sport specific or Rehabilitation programming
- Exercise in a rehabilitation field and demonstrated skills and experience in the development of rehabilitation and therapy programs, report writing and public relations
Commencing Salary: $34.33 - $39.73 per hour, plus 9.5% superannuation
This position has been identified as a Child-Related position under Child Protection laws in NSW. To be eligible to apply, you are required to provide Council with a valid Working with Children Check Number.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Mirna Shukri, Coordinator - Health Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.