At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
The Property Development and Management department is a specialised commercial team that manages the business of Property for Penrith City Council. We work hard to realise the potential of land and infrastructure by developing land for housing, business and industry which builds social and economic prosperity for Penrith’s communities.
Due to the ongoing success of our property development business, we are currently looking for a motivated individual to be our Program Manager - Property Investments, to manage our Property Portfolio and to develop new Property Opportunities. Your focus is to lead our Business Development (and Acquisition) functions to build a pipeline of property development projects into the future, manage and grow our property investment portfolio, maximise your existing networks and proactively seek new opportunities to deliver successful business outcomes for the Council and the Penrith Community.
We are looking for someone with a genuine and passionate interest in people, real estate / property experience and an inherently positive attitude. You will be motivated to contribute to the growth of our Property business and excel working within a system structure. We’ll give you all the training you need to become successful in your role and you’ll be part of a tight-knit, highly motivated team of property professionals. Although Business Development experience is not required, exceptional customer service, effective analytical skills and an understanding of government policy and legislation, property investment, valuations, project or program management will be looked upon favourably.
You will also need to be collaborative, professional and committed to operational excellence as you’ll be working with the whole property development team to meet its goals. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is hard-working, motivated and looking to grow their skills and knowledge in the property development and real estate industry.
- Extensive understanding of property market trends to anticipate impact on the team’s performance and sustainability of work practices.
- A proven and excellent working knowledge of property and land development processes or property portfolio management, marketing and selling activities, contract and leasing administration, planning, zoning guidelines and design procedures.
- Proven and sound working knowledge of probity and equal access requirements (e.g. tendering, contracting and selling) as they apply to local government operating in the land and property development industry.
- Knowledge of (or developing knowledge of) the Public Finance and Audit Act and other government fiscal and public policy legislation which may affect the financial performance of projects or the portfolio.
- Knowledge of the relevant Local Government Legislation, the State Records Act, EEO and Work Health and Safety (WHS) requirements, as well as, policies, procedures and practices.
- Tertiary qualifications in architecture, engineering, planning, construction, valuation, property or related areas.
- Experience, at senior management level, in overseeing and managing most aspects of the land and property development process.
- Management of critical projects or property portfolio matter due to their complexity, financial or stakeholder importance. Experience in the following aspects is specifically desired:
- Identification of land development or portfolio growth opportunities, market analysis, project feasibility studies, scenario planning and due diligence process.
- Contract negotiation and administration, planning and re-zoning, obtaining Development Consents and successful project delivery.
- Experience in commercial, residential community and retail leasing in accordance with legislative and regulatory frameworks.
- Managing the consultation process with stakeholders and facilitating the community consultation process.
- Managing major/critical projects, employees and external service providers.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
Salary: $125,008 - $144,701 per annum, plus 10% Superannuation.
Access to a Motor Vehicle Allowance is available with this position; however, it is not a condition of employment.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Please select the link/s below to view the position description and to submit your application.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on Sunday, 1 August 2021. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Nathan Ritchie, Property Development Manager, on 4732 8289.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.