At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that is committed to supporting flexibility and balance, ensuring safety and providing development opportunities for its employees.
Ripples provides a number of facilities including a gym, pools, and a hydrotherapy and rehabilitation centre to the residents of the Penrith Local Government Area. We are proud of our highly performing team who have won a number of recent state and national Austswim and Swim Australia awards.
About the role
The position will play a pivotal role in the implementation of the Ripples Member Retention Strategy. Key duties include proactive program supervision to ensure the safety of staff and customers at all times, program prescription to a wide variety of customers and the development and delivery of the Group Fitness Timetable programs.
The purpose of this role is to positively engage with members in the Fitness Services Team and provide a holistic approach to fitness and development opportunities including programming
- Group Fitness qualification
- Current Fitness Australia Registration or equivalent
- Current First Aid Certificate (including Provide First Aid, Provide Basic Emergency Life Support and Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- A valid NSW Working with Children Check
- Minimum six (6) months experience in a similar role or equivalent in education
- Demonstrated experience with Group Training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to promote services to members
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate values of Penrith City Council
- Are you vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a Medical Exemption in line with the NSW Public Health Order for Disability Service Providers?
- Current Certificate III and IV in Fitness
- Aqua Aerobics qualification
- Les Mills qualification
- ASCA Level 1 and/or 2 Strength & Conditioning Accreditation
Commencing Salary: $27.19- $31.47 per hour, plus 25% casual loading, plus $25 per hour fitness allowance where applicable
This position has been identified as a Child-Related position under Child Protection laws in NSW. To be eligible to apply, you are required to provide Council with a valid Working with Children Check Number.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are also required to complete an application form, providing responses to the above selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Sherin Ibrahim, Fitness Team Leader, 02 4732 8036.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.