At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
Ripples provides a number of facilities including a gym, pools, and a hydrotherapy and rehabilitation centre to the residents of the Penrith Local Government Area. We are proud of our highly performing team who have won a number of recent state and national Austswim and Swim Australia awards.
About the role
As an Exercise Physiologist, you will work in an award winning team that provides efficient and effective delivery of rehabilitation services, specialising in clinical exercise prescription, health education and behaviour modification programs, for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries.
These include, but are not limited to, neurological/neuromuscular conditions, musculoskeletal conditions, chronic pain, cardiometabolic conditions and cancer.
We provide services under NDIS, WorkCover, Medicare, DVA and private health insurance. Your key duties will include:
- Prescribing gym and hydrotherapy based exercise programs using evidence-based research
- Liaising with key stakeholders including GPs, Case Managers, Support Coordinators, insurers, and other treating allied health professionals
- Report writing and medical case conferencing
- Conducting assessments and consultations under the above schemes
- Engaging in the planning and conduction of initiatives including Senior's Week, International Women's Day, Diabetes Awareness Week etc.
We offer our Exercise Physiologists
- One on one monthly mentoring
- Tri-weekly full team case study and research
- Monthly Internal Training
- Paid CPD .
- Tertiary qualification in Exercise Physiology
- Exercise Physiologist Accreditation from ESSA (Exercise & Sport Science Australia)
- Current First Aid Certificate (including Provide First Aid, Provide Basic Emergency Life Support and Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- A valid NSW Working with Children Check
- Experience in a rehabilitation field and demonstrated skills and experience in the development of rehabilitation and therapy programs, report writing and public relations
Commencing salary: $70,571.00 per annum / $35.71 per hour, plus 10.5% Superannuation.
This position has been identified as a Child-Related position under Child Protection laws in NSW. To be eligible to apply, you are required to provide Council with a valid Working with Children Check Number.
This position requires the worker to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 or to hold a medical contraindication certificate.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Mirna Shukri, Coordinator - Health Services, at email@example.com.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.